Root Vegetable MedleyFrom momtaylor 9 years ago
- 1 lg onion, chopped shopping list
- 2 T. butter or margarine shopping list
- 3 med. russet potatoes (thinly sliced-don't peel)(about 3 c.) shopping list
- 3 med. sweet potatoes (peeled and thinly sliced)(about 4 c.) shopping list
- 1 8-oz turnip (peeled and thinly sliced)(about 1 2/3 c.) shopping list
- 1 c. chicken broth shopping list
- ½ tsp. salt shopping list
- ¼ tsp. pepper shopping list
How to make it
- In a large saucepan, cook onion in hot butter/margarine for about 5 minutes or until tender.
- Add everything else. Bring to a boil and remove from the heat. Transfer all to an ungreased 2 quart shallow baking dish.
- Bake, covered, in a 325º oven about 30 minutes or until veggies are just tender.
- Uncover and bake for about 15 minutes longer.
- Let stand 10 minutes or so before serving.