Pork Chops MarsalaFrom pleclare 6 years ago
- 4 boneless pork loin chops,1/2" thick(4 oz. ea.) trimmed of fat shopping list
- 3tsp. olive oil shopping list
- 1 pkg.(10 oz.) sliced cremini mushrooms shopping list
- 1 lg. shallot,chopped(1/4c) shopping list
- 1/2tsp dried thyme or 11/2tsp.fresh thyme leaves shopping list
- 1lb. asparagus,ends trimmed shopping list
- 1/2c reduced-sodium chicken broth shopping list
- 1/3c marsala wine shopping list
How to make it
- Evenly season pork chops on both sides with 1/2tsp salt and 1/4 tsp black pepper. In a 12" non-stick skillet,heat 2 tsp oil on medium 1 min. Add chops and cook 6 mins or until browned on outside and still slightly pink in the center,turning over once. Transfer chops to platter,keep warm.
- In same skillet, heat remaining oil 1 min.. Add mushrooms,shallot and thyme;cook 5 mins. or until mushrooms are browned and shallot is softened. Meanwhile,place asparagus in a glass pie with 2 Tbsp. water;cover and cook in microwave on high 3 mins. to 31/2 mins or till fork tender.. Set aside Add broth and wine to mushroom mixture;cook 2 mins. Place chops on 4 dinner plates;top with wine sauce. Serve with asparagus ,and if you like,rice.