Valentines Day Scallops MornayFrom upstatevoyager 9 years ago
- 12ounces fresh sea scallops shopping list
- 3/4 cup water shopping list
- 1/2 cup dry white wine shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- dash ground white pepper shopping list
- 1/2 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced shopping list
- 2 tablespoons sweet onion, finely chopped shopping list
- 1 tablespoon butter shopping list
- 4 teaspons all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/3 cup half and half shopping list
- 1/4 cup swiss cheese, shredded shopping list
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced shopping list
- hot cooked white rice shopping list
How to make it
- In a saucepan, combine water, wine, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil.
- Add scallops and mushrooms. Return to a boil.
- Cover and simmer 1 to 2 minutes. Remove scallops and mushrooms and set aside.
- Boil liquid, uncovered, until reduced to 1/2 cup, about 10 to 15 minutes.
- In second saucepan, melt butter. Add onion and saute until softened. Stir in flour. Cook until bubbly.
- Add reduced scallop liquid and half and half.
- Cook, stirring, until thickened and bubbly. Stir in cheese until melted. Remove from heat. Season to taste with additional salt and pepper.
- Fold in scallops and mushrooms.
- Spoon into a large baking dish to individual baking dishes.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes or until heated through.
- Sprinkle with parsley.
- Serve with hot cooked rice.