Coq au Vin Fondue from the Melting PotFrom upstatevoyager 5 years ago
- 3 1/2 cups vegetable stock shopping list
- 1 cube Knorr brand vegetable bouillon cube (optional) shopping list
- 1/2 cup dry red wine (Burgundy is good) shopping list
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced shopping list
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced shopping list
- Ingredients to cook in the fondue (beef cubes, whole fresh mushrooms, shrimp, cherry tomatoes, ham cubes, cooked tortellini, zucchini cubes, yellow squash cubes, partially cooked potato cubes. Basically use your imagination on this one.) shopping list
- Dipping sauces (see directions) shopping list
How to make it
- In saucepan, heat vegetable stock, bouillon cubes, red wine, garlic and green onions until mixture boils. Transfer to fondue pot.
- To serve, spear ingredients with a fondue fork and place in pot. Cook until desired doneness is reached.
- Serve with dipping sauces of choice with a big salad and crusty bread.
- If the liquid level becomes to low in the pot, add boiling water to bring it back to the original level.
- Dipping Sauces:
- Ranch salad dressing
- Blue cheese dip
- Horseradish sauce
- seafood cocktail sauce
- barbecue sauce
- garlic butter
- Curry mayonnaise (combine mayonnaise with curry powder to taste)
- Sit back, talk, eat and enjoy
- And save the broth. It makes a great base for soup!
The Cookupstatevoyager Scotia, NY
The Rating5 people
Thanks!rml in loved it
Melting Pot is my #1 favorite restaraunt! I've been dying to try my hand at the Coq Au Vin! Any ideas for their Green Goddess dip? My mouth is watering already.....
sunshine1 in St Louis loved it
I just went to the melting pot for the first time in my life.....we went for our 31st. anniversary. You don't know how cool it is to find this recipe, cause I'm in LOVE with the melting pot and my wallet is in LOVE with staying home. Thanks bunches...moreredkitchen in Murfreesboro loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!