Easy Peasy Black Bean SoupFrom gemmabean 8 years ago
- 1 cup jarred fresh tomato salsa (plus extra for garnish) shopping list
- 2 15.5-oz. cans black beans, drained and rinsed shopping list
- 2 cups chicken broth (I prefer organic, non-fat, low or no sodium) shopping list
- sour cream (1 dollop per serving) (optional) shopping list
- cilantro shopping list
- 1 lime shopping list
How to make it
- Heat salsa in a large saucepan over medium heat, stirring frequently, for about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the beans and broth, and heat to a boil. Reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer 15 minutes.
- Cool slightly, then spoon half the soup into a blender and puree.
- Return the purred soup to the saucepan and heat through.
- Add chopped cilantro to taste.
- Serve with sour cream, additional salsa, a squeeze of lime. Sprinkle with a dash of low fat shredded cheddar cheese and of course cilantro.