Chicken And Wine Over PastaFrom gemmabean 6 years ago
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- garlic cloves (it's up to you how many) shopping list
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, butterflied shopping list
- italian seasoning (I prefer The spice Hunter's organic) shopping list
- 1 cup white wine (I prefer Pinot Grigio - I've gone off Chardonnay) shopping list
- [ok, this is where it varies, but this is the version I make the most often] shopping list
- 2 medium tomatoes, sliced shopping list
- artichoke hearts (however many you want) shopping list
How to make it
- In a medium pan, heat the oil and garlic over a medium heat.
- Sprinkle both sides of the chicken with Italian seasoning.
- Place chicken in the pan and cook until done, 7 to 10 minutes. [turn over with a spoon so you don't puncture it and let all the juices out - does everyone already know this and I'm just a newbie??? cool trick!]
- Add wine (feel free to add as much as you like, this is a VERY flexible recipe)
- Cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Remove the chicken and keep warm.
- Add the tomatoes and artichoke hearts to the pan and cook until tender, not long.
- Place the chicken on top of your favorite pasta, place the tomatoes and artichokes on and around the chicken, it looks nicest with the tomato ON the chicken and the artichokes in with the pasta (I prefer wholewheat organic thin spaghetti).
- Top with the wine sauce that's left in the pan (I know there's a real name for the drippings...)