Moms Chicken Salad With Lemon VinaigretteFrom conner909 8 years ago
- 2 to 4 cups water for poaching chicken shopping list
- juice of 2 lemons (divided) shopping list
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon shopping list
- 1 pound chicken breasts (fillets) shopping list
- zest of 1 lemon shopping list
- leaf lettuce shopping list
- ¼ cup vegetable oil shopping list
- ½ teaspoon sugar shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg shopping list
- ½ pound seedless green grapes, halved shopping list
- ½ pound seedless red grapes shopping list
- 2 ounces feta cheese, crumbled shopping list
How to make it
- In a medium saucepan, bring water, juice of 1 lemon and ½ teaspoon tarragon to a boil over medium heat.
- Add chicken, cover and simmer until chicken is
- done (about 10 minutes.)
- Remove chicken from skillet, cool 15 minutes, cover and refrigerate until chilled.
- Combine remaining lemon juice, and zest, remaining tarragon, oil, sugar and nuteg in a small bowl; whisk until blended.
- Cover and refrigerate for several hours.
- To serve, arrange chilled chicken and grapes over bed of lettuce. Top with vinaigrette and cheese.
- Yield: 4 servings
- I’d throw in a little parsley!
People Who Like This Dish 4
- hawksbeard Nowhere, Us
- knoxcop Knoxville, TN
- greekgirrrl Huntington Village, NY
- pleclare Framingham, MA
- sitbynellie Glasgow, GB
- minitindel THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY, CA
- wynnebaer Dunnellon, Florida
- katcooks Newport, OR
- marriage Apalachin
- conner909 Whereabouts, Unknown
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔