Spicy Shrimp and Rice SoupFrom hayleesgrandma 9 years ago
- 4 cups fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth shopping list
- 2 cups water shopping list
- 1 cup instant long-grain rice (such as Minute brand) shopping list
- 1 tablespoon canola oil shopping list
- 1 teaspoon bottled minced garlic shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper shopping list
- 1 1/2 pounds large shrimp, peeled and deveined shopping list
- 4 lime wedges shopping list
- bean sprouts (optional) shopping list
- Sliced green onions (optional) shopping list
- Chopped fresh cilantro (optional) shopping list
- Sliced jalapeño pepper (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Combine chicken broth and water in a large saucepan, and bring to a boil. Stir in instant long-grain rice, and bring to a boil. Remove from heat, and let stand 5 minutes.
- Heat canola oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic, red pepper, and shrimp; sauté 3 minutes or until shrimp are done. Stir shrimp mixture into broth mixture. Divide soup evenly among 4 bowls, and serve with lime wedges. Top each serving with sprouts, onions, cilantro, and jalapeño, if desired.
The Cookhayleesgrandma Waldron, AR
- Not added to any groups yet!