Tuscan Pot RoastFrom chefmeow 7 years ago
- 3-1/2 pounds top round rolled and tied shopping list
- 3 garlic cloves thinly sliced shopping list
- 2 medium carrots scraped and sliced thin shopping list
- 2 medium yellow onions thinly sliced shopping list
- 1 thick celery stalk thinly sliced shopping list
- 3 sprigs rosemary leaves only chopped shopping list
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- 1-1/2 cups dry red wine shopping list
- 1 pound very ripe fresh tomatoes peeled seeded and chopped shopping list
- 1 tablespoon butter shopping list
- 1 tablespoon unbleached all purpose flour shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Using sharp knife make incisions all over meat to a depth of 1/2" and insert garlic slices in them.
- Gently sauté carrots, onions, celery and rosemary in oil until vegetables begin to soften.
- Add garlic studded beef then raise heat to medium and brown on all sides turning frequently.
- Add wine and let it boil until reduced to 1/2 cup.
- As soon as reduced stir in tomatoes then cover and let simmer for 1 hour.
- Work butter and flour together to make a paste then stir thoroughly into cooking juices.
- Cover tightly then reduce heat to low and let cook at a bare simmer for 2 hours longer.
- Adding a little hot water, wine or broth if liquid in pan reduces too much.
- When meat is done lift it out of the cooking juices and set aside to rest for 15 minutes/
- Slice off three thin slices of meat then chop them with a knife as finely as possible.
- Degrease juices in pan setting aside about 1/2 cup of the meat juices to garnish the meat.
- Season with salt and pepper then add chopped meat to remaining juices and serve as a sauce.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!