Zucchini with Cheddar Cheese and Bacon CasseroleFrom bluewaterandsand 7 years ago
- 6 cups thinly sliced unpeeled zucchini shopping list
- 2 egg yolks, slightly beaten shopping list
- 1 cup sour cream shopping list
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour shopping list
- 2 stiffly beaten egg whites shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese shopping list
- 4 to 6 slices bacon, crisply cooked, drained, and crumbled shopping list
- 1 tablespoon butter shopping list
- 1/4 cup fine dry bread crumbs shopping list
How to make it
- Simmer squash in salted water until tender; drain and sprinkle with a little salt.
- In mixing bowl, combine egg yolks, sour cream, and flour.
- Fold in egg whites. Place half of the cooked squash in a shallow 2-quart baking dish; top with half of the egg mixture, half of the shredded cheese, and all of the crumbled bacon.
- Repeat with remaining squash and egg mixture and cheese.
- Melt butter;stir in bread crumbs. Sprinkle over casserole.
The Cookbluewaterandsand GAFFNEY, SC
- Not added to any groups yet!