Favorite No-mayo Cole SlawFrom conner909 7 years ago
- 4 pounds cabbage, (2 heads) shopping list
- 4 carrots shopping list
- 2 green bell peppers shopping list
- 2 medium red onions shopping list
- 1 1/2 cup sugar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon celery seed shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper shopping list
- 1 cup vinegar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 cup vegetable oil shopping list
How to make it
- Shred veggies.
- Heat sugar and vinegar until sugar is dissolved.
- Add salt and pepper, oil and celery seed.
- Pour over vegetables , cover and refrigerate overnight.
- I substitute one red bell pepper for one green bell pepper, for added color.
- Here's a thought, buy your cabbage already shredded or use the proper attachment on a food processor.
- Very quick and you can save a bunch of prep time!
- This recipe will last at least a week in the fridge.
The Cookconner909 Southern Calif., CA
- Not added to any groups yet!