Sweet Potato and Lentil StuffingFrom grizzlybear 6 years ago
- 1/2 cup wild rice, rinsed shopping list
- 1-cup water shopping list
- 1 large leek, finely chopped shopping list
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed shopping list
- 12 button mushrooms, roughly chopped shopping list
- 1/2 cup brown lentils shopping list
- 1/2 cup red lentils shopping list
- 2 cups vegetable stock shopping list
- 3 medium sweet potatoes, diced shopping list
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin shopping list
- 2 teaspoons ground cilantro (ground parsley) shopping list
- 4 tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped shopping list
- 2 tablespoons olive oil shopping list
How to make it
- 1.Preheat oven to 400 F.
- 2.In a medium saucepan, add the brown and red lentils and stock and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 20-25 minutes, until lentils are cooked through, stirring occasionally. Add in the sweet potatoes in the last 5 minutes.
- 3.In another medium saucepan, add wild rice and 1 cup water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 30-35 minutes, until rice is fork tender.
- 4.Heat oil in a saucepan over medium heat, and add leeks. Cook for 2-3 minutes until soft. Add garlic, mushrooms, cumin and ground cilantro. Cook for 1 minute or until fragrant.
- 5.In a large bowl, combine rice, lentils and saucepan mixture. Mix well.
- 6.Place in a baking pan and coat with Pam spray. Bake at 400„aF for 30-40 minutes until lightly browned.