Buttermilk BiscuitsFrom hayleesgrandma 9 years ago
How to make it
- 1. Preheat the oven to 425. In a large bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda. Using a pastry blender or 2 knives, cut the shortening into the flour mixture until coarse crumbs form.
- 2. Add the buttermilk, tossing with a fork until a dough forms.
- 3. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Gather into a disk. Knead lightly a few times just until smooth. (The dough can be made up to 2 hours ahead, wrapped in plastic wrap, and refregerated until ready to use.)
- 4. Pat the dough to 3/4-inch thick. Using a biscuit cutter or a glass dipped flour, cut out biscuits. Place biscuits, 2 inches apart, on an ungreased baking sheet. Gather dough trimmings, pat to 3/4-inch thick, and cut out more biscuits.
- 5. Bake the biscuits until golden, 12 to 15 minutes. Serve hot.
The Cookhayleesgrandma Waldron, AR
- Not added to any groups yet!