Chicken Breast Saute with Vinegar-Tarragon SauceFrom chihuahua 6 years ago
- 1 Tbl. unsalted butter shopping list
- 1 Tbl. vegetable oil shopping list
- 3 Tbl. finely chopped shallots shopping list
- 4 skinless, boneless Chicken Breast halves, 4-5 oz. each shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. salt. plus salt to taste shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground pepper, plus pepper to taste shopping list
- 1/4 C water or low-sodium chicken broth shopping list
- 1/2 C red wine vinegar shopping list
- 2 Tbl. chopped fresh tarragon or 1 tsp. dried tarragon shopping list
- 1 Tbl.tomato paste shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. sugar shopping list
- 2 Tbl. chopped fresh parsley shopping list
- 4 sprigs fresh parsley, optional shopping list
How to make it
- In a large nonstick frying pan over medium heat, melt the butter with oil. When hot, add shallots and chicken. Sprinkle with the 1/2 tsp. salt and 1/4 tsp. pepper. Cook the chicken, turning once, until browned, 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Add water or broth and 1/4 cup of the vinegar and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low, cover and simmer until the chicken is opaque throughout when cut into with a knife, 5-7 minutes. Transfer the chicken to a platter, cover loosely with aluminum foil and keep warm.
- Raise the heat to high and add the tarragon and the remaining 1/4 cup vinegar to the pan. Boil rapidly to reduce the liquid to about one-third, about 3 minutes. Remove from heat, add the tomato paste and sugar and stir or whisk until blended. Season to taste with more salt and pepper, if desired.
- Pour the sauce over the chicken and sprinkle with the chopped parsley. Serve at once, with parsley sprigs for garnish, if desired.
The Cookchihuahua Sonoma County, USA
The Rating2 people
- Not added to any groups yet!