Sour Cream Cherry SconesFrom mystic_river1 9 years ago
- Topping shopping list
- ------------- shopping list
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds shopping list
- 1 tablespoon sugar shopping list
- ----------------------------- shopping list
- Scones Ingredients: shopping list
- ------------------------------ shopping list
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/2 cup sugar shopping list
- 2 teaspoons baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 cup LAND O LAKES® butter, softened shopping list
- 3/4 cup LAND O LAKES® sour cream shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract shopping list
- 2/3 cup dried cherries** shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oven to 375°F. Combine all topping ingredients in small bowl; mix well. Set aside.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in large bowl; cut in butter with pastry blender or fork until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Combine sour cream, egg and almond extract in small bowl until smooth. Stir into flour mixture just until moistened. Stir in cherries.
- Turn dough onto lightly floured surface; knead 8 to 10 times until smooth, adding small amount of flour, if necessary.
- Divide dough in half. Pat each half into a 7-inch circle. Place 2 inches apart onto large ungreased baking sheet. Sprinkle topping evenly over dough. Score each half into 8 wedges; do not separate. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until scones are lightly browned. Cool 15 minutes; separate scones. Store leftover scones in airtight container at room temperature.
- *Substitute 2/3 cup sweetened dried cranberries.
People Who Like This Dish 12
The Cookmystic_river1 Bradenton, Florida
The Rating3 people
Personal Chefs Network88 members
Grandma Junes Kitchen85 members
Just Love To Cook48 members
Bake Sale126 members
Family Favorites141 members
THE COMPLAINT DEPT158 members
Companys Coming115 members
The Breakfast Club92 members
Be My Valentine32 members
Friends In The Kitchen316 members