Tomato Basil Mahi MahiFrom mamafrog 7 years ago
- 2-8 oz mahi mahi fillets shopping list
- 2 1/2 cups strawberry tomatoes, cut in half and deseeded shopping list
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves, chopped shopping list
- 1/3 cup red shallots, sliced shopping list
- 1/4 cup onion, diced shopping list
- 1/4 cup garlic, chopped (approx. 5 cloves) shopping list
- 2/3 cup chicken stock shopping list
- 2 Tbsp tomato paste shopping list
- 2 Tbsp fish sauce (or substitute soy sauce) shopping list
- 1 Tbsp vinegar or lemon juice shopping list
- 1 Tbsp sugar shopping list
How to make it
- Coat pan with cooking oil and pan fry Mahi Mahi fillets until golden brown, and set aside.
- To prepare sauce, sauté garlic, onion and shallots in pan until translucent, add tomatoes, tomato paste, fish sauce, lemon juice, and sugar. Stir in chicken stock and simmer until sauce thickens. Remove from heat and add basil.
- To serve, top Mahi Mahi fillets with generous helping of tomato basil sauce.
- You can substitute any mild white flesh fish instead of Mahi Mahi if you can't get it in your area.