Sauce Robert For Grilled Or Roasted PorkFrom notyourmomma 9 years ago
- 1 large onion, finely minced shopping list
- 1 tbsp of butter shopping list
- 1/3 pint of white wine shopping list
- 1 pint of half glaze (demi-glace quick method)-posted shopping list
- 1 tsp of dry mustard - fresh can - not something that has been sitting in the cupboard for years shopping list
- 1 generous pinch of powdered sugar shopping list
- 1 tsp of beef base - purchased shopping list
How to make it
- Melt butter.
- Add minced onion and saute gently, do not let it brown.
- Add the white wine and reduce by 1/3, add the half glaze and allow to simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add the beef base, dry mustard and sugar.
- If this sauce has to wait to be used, it should be kept warm in a double boiler, it must not boil again. It is best suited for grilled or roasted pork.
- NOTE: Robert Sauce becomes a Charcutiere Sauce with the addition of 2 ounces of julienne or minced gherkins.