Creamy Reuben SoupFrom cheryilyn 6 years ago
- 1 C. Kraut, well drained shopping list
- ½ C.onion, chopped shopping list
- ¼ C. celery, chopped shopping list
- 3 T. butter shopping list
- ¼ C. flour shopping list
- 3 C. water shopping list
- 4 tsp beef bouillon shopping list
- 1/2 lb corned beef, shredded shopping list
- 3 C. half and half shopping list
- 12 oz pkg swiss cheese, shredded shopping list
- 6 slices rye bread, toasted and cut into quarters shopping list
How to make it
- In large saucepan cook onion and celery in butter until tender.
- Stir in flour until smooth.
- Gradually stir in water and bouillon and bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer uncovered 5 min.
- Add corned beef, kraut, half and half and 1 C. cheese.
- Cook 30 min until slightly thickened, stirring frequently.
- Ladle into oven-proof bowls.
- Top each with toasted bread and ½ C. cheese.
- Broil until cheese melts. Serve immediately.