RATATOUILLEFrom grizzlybear 6 years ago
- Celebration of earthly bounty shopping list
- 1 medium eggplant, cut in 1” cubes shopping list
- 1 medium onion, chopped shopping list
- 1 large tomato, cut in ½” pieces (or 14 oz canned diced tomatoes) shopping list
- 1 small zucchini, chopped in ½” pieces shopping list
- 4 garlic cloves, sliced thinly shopping list
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- Optional Ingredients: shopping list
- ½ cup black olives (Kalamata if available), pits removed and halved shopping list
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, quartered shopping list
- ½ red or green pepper, chopped shopping list
- parmesan cheese (fresh if available) shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 400F. Place 1 tablespoon water in a large skillet and bring to boil over medium heat. Add the eggplant and onion and sauté, stirring occasionally, for 4 minutes or until beginning to soften.
- Meanwhile, clean and cut the remaining (including optional if using) vegetables. Add as ready, stirring occasionally.
- Simmer for 10 – 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and season with salt and pepper to taste. Add balsamic vinegar, stirring to distribute.
- Transfer to a baking dish lightly sprayed with cooking spray. Bake 25 minutes.
- If desired, after baking 20 minutes, remove dish from oven and top with Parmesan. Return to oven for final 5 minutes. Serve immediately.
The Cookgrizzlybear CA
The Rating2 people
- Not added to any groups yet!