Pumpkin BreadFrom mrsoul 5 years ago
- cream cheese Filling: shopping list
- 8 ounce package (227 grams) cream cheese, room temperature shopping list
- 1/2 cup (100 grams) granulated white sugar shopping list
- 2 large eggs shopping list
- 1 1/2 tablespoons all purpose flour shopping list
- pumpkin Bread: shopping list
- 3 1/2 cups (490 grams) all purpose flour shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 3/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg shopping list
- 4 large eggs shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups (400 grams) granulated white sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar shopping list
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- 1 - 15 ounce (425 grams) can pure pumpkin shopping list
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) water or milk shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (177 degrees C) and place rack in the center of the oven. Butter and lightly flour two - 9 by 5 x 3 inch (23 x 13 x 8 cm) loaf pans. Set aside.
- To toast nuts: Place the nuts on a baking sheet and bake for about 8 - 10 minutes or until brown and fragrant. Cool completely and then chop coarsely. Set aside.
- Cream Cheese Filling: In your food processor, process the cream cheese until smooth. Add the sugar and process until smooth and creamy. Add the eggs, one at a time, processing until well incorporated. Stir in the flour. Set aside.
- Pumpkin Bread: In a large bowl, sift or whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Set aside.
- In another large bowl, whisk the eggs until lightly beaten. Add the sugar and melted butter and whisk until blended. Whisk or stir in the pumpkin, water, vanilla extract, and nuts.
- Add the flour mixture to the pumpkin mixture and stir just until the ingredients are combined. (A few streaks of flour is fine.) Do not over mix as it will make the bread tough.
- Divide the batter in half. Take one half and divide it evenly between the two prepared pans. Divide the cream cheese filling in half and place each half of filling on top the two pans of batter, smoothing the tops. Top with the remaining half of batter. Bake the breads for about 50 - 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean.
- Place pans on a wire rack and let cool for about 10 minutes before removing breads from pans. Can serve warm, cold, or at room temperature. Store leftovers in the refrigerator or else freeze for later use.
The Cookmrsoul Austin, TX
The Rating1 people
I JUST SAW LINUS LAST NIGHT - HE WAS WAITING FOR THE GREAT PUMPKIN. ANYWAY I LIKE PUMPKIN TOO.
YOU INSPIRED ME TO ADD A PUMKIN CAKE RECIPE.
I'LL SEND IT TO YOU LATER - LEEBEAR.leebear in Brookpark loved it