Five Flavor Cake W Six Flavor GlazeFrom watkinsgal 8 years ago
- 1 cup softened butter shopping list
- 1/2 cup vegetable shortening shopping list
- 3-1/2 cups sugar shopping list
- 5 eggs beaten well shopping list
- 3 cups all purpose flour shopping list
- 1/2 tsp baking powder shopping list
- 1 cup milk shopping list
- 1-1/2 tsp Watkins coconut extract shopping list
- 1-1/2 tsp Watkins rum extract shopping list
- 1-1/2 tsp Watkins butter extract shopping list
- 1-1/2 tsp lemon extract shopping list
- 1-1/2 tsp Watkins Double Strength vanilla extract shopping list
- 1/2 tsp Watkins almond extract shopping list
- 1/4 cup water shopping list
How to make it
- Cream together butter, shortening and 3 cups of the sugar, until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs and beat until smooth
- In a small bowl combine flour and baking powder...set aside.
- Combine milk and 1 tsp of first five extracts.
- Add flour mixture to the cream mixture, alternately with milk mixture.
- Pour batter into bundt cake pan.
- Bake 90 minutes at 325 degrees...or until cake test done.
- Make glaze while cake is baking.
- Combine 1/2 tsp each of all six extracts, 1/2 cup sugar and water.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring until sugar is dissolved.
- Let cool slightly.
- Slowly spoon cooled glaze over hot cake.
- Let cool completely.
The Cookwatkinsgal Northern, MO
- Not added to any groups yet!