Banana CheesecakeFrom debra47 9 years ago
- Crust: shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker or digestive biscuits crumbs shopping list
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted shopping list
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon shopping list
- Cake: shopping list
- 1 pound cream cheese shopping list
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice shopping list
- 4 large eggs shopping list
- 1 cup sour cream shopping list
- 1 cup mashed bananas (approximately 3 medium bananas) shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix the graham cracker crumbs with the melted butter, sugar and cinnamon.
- Blend well.
- Press the crumb mixture onto the bottom and partly up the sides of a greased 9 inch springform pan.
- Make sure the crumb mixture is smooth and an even thickness along the bottom of the pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes in a 350 degree oven.
- Cool before filling.
- In large bowl beat together the cream cheese, sugar and lemon juice.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating thoroughly after each.
- Stir in the sour cream and the mashed bananas and blend well.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared crust and bake for 1 hour.
- Cool in the oven, with the door propped open, until the cake is at room temperature.
The Cookdebra47 Fylde, GB
The Rating16 people
I love cheesecake and I love bananas in baked goods! I never thought of combining the two of them. It sounds wonderful. Before the summer is out I will make an effort to try this one. I love dessert! Thanks for the recipe.godiva in St Thomas loved it
I made this and served it to company last night. It was delicious and everyone loved it! I have another gathering coming up this summer and I will be making it again. Thanks for a great recipe!godiva in St Thomas loved it
Great ! i have it in the oven right now and it smells delicious !!!!! I didn't make the crust though...because i didn't have crackers..so i used the ones they sale in the store....ooppss!..or lemon so i used lime...but it is smelling really good !!...morebonita00 in Sarasota loved it