Crab NapoleonFrom crossfire 7 years ago
- 12 ounces light cream cheese, softened shopping list
- 1/2 cup fat free mayonnaise shopping list
- 1 tsp lemon peel shopping list
- 3 tbsp lemon juice shopping list
- 2 tbsp snipped fresh herbs, your choice shopping list
- 1 frozen puff pastry, thawed shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 16 ounces cooked crabmeat, I use the fake stuff shopping list
How to make it
- In large bowl beat cream cheese...add in mayonnaise until combined. stir in lemono, herbs. Cover chill up to 6 hours unitl ready to use.
- Unfold pastry and roll out to make a smooth surface. In small bowl, beat egg. Lightly brush some of the egg mixture atop pastry square. Using a knife or pizza cutter, cut pastry into 9 equal squares. Place squares on greased baking sheet. bake in 425 degree oven for 8-10 minutes or until pastry is puffed and tops are golden brown. transfer quares to a wire rack to cool completely.
- To assemble, gently split each pastry square horizontally into 3 layers, using a knife if necessary. Place bottom layer of squares on a serving platter. Spread a rounded tablespoon of cream cheese mixture atop each square. top with a third of the crab. Place a sscond pastry layer atop each crab layer. spred again with cream cheese. top with half the remaining crab. Place the top pastry layers on top of the crab layer, browned side up. carefully dollop the remaining cream cheese mixture atop the pastry layers, top with remaining crab.
- Serve within 30 minutes of assembling.
The Cookcrossfire Garner, NC
The Rating3 people
You have given me a reason to find puff pastry!! your recipe is enticing, and I like the fake crab 'cause dungeness crab isn't available in buffalo, ny. I love fake crab. the bumblebee(canned) crab is Good too. frozen fake is less $$. and I guess...morettaaccoo in Buffalo loved it
You gave me my laugh for the day Cross, with-I use the fake stuff. Me too hon. Either that or canned. I can't afford fresh lump crab anymore. Thank you.jenniferbyrdez in kenner loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!