Tom Ka GaiFrom dakotasmommy 8 years ago
- /2 cup shallots, thinly sliced shopping list
- 1/4 cup fresh ginger, minced shopping list
- 1 stalk lemongrass, halved and bruised (found at markets such as New seasons, Whole Foods or asian markets (or 2 t. minced lemon zest) shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 1 T. vegetable oil shopping list
- 2 cups chicken broth shopping list
- 1 can (13 oz.) coconut milk shopping list
- 3 T. fish sauce shopping list
- 3 T. fresh lime juice shopping list
- 2 T. heavy cream shopping list
- 1 T. sugar shopping list
- 1/4-1 whole serrano chile, sliced shopping list
- 1 cup (4 oz.) shiitake mushrooms, stemmed, sliced shopping list
- 1 cup (4 oz.) cooked chicken or turkey, cubed or sliced (white meat preferred shopping list
- Chopped fresh basil, cilantro, and mint shopping list
How to make it
- Saute shallots, ginger, lemongrass, and garlic in oil in a large saucepan over medium heat; do not allow to brown.
- Add broth, coconut milk, fish sauce, lime juice, cream, and sugar. Simmer for 10 minutes, then remove the lemongrass.
- Stir in chile, mushrooms, and turkey. Simmer to heat turkey through, about 3 minutes, then ladle into bowls.
- Garnish each serving with chopped herbs.