Caramel-Pecan TartFrom lt 8 years ago
- 3 1/2 cups coarsely chopped pecans shopping list
- 2 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 2/3 cup powdered sugar shopping list
- 3/4 cup butter, cubed shopping list
- 1/2 cup firmly paced brown sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup honey shopping list
- 2/3 cup butter shopping list
- 3 tablespoons whipping cream shopping list
How to make it
- Arrange pecans in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake at 350 for 5 to 7 minutes or until lightly toasted. Cool on a wire rack 15 minutes or until completely cool.
- Pulse flour, powdered sugar, and 3/4 cup butter in a food processor 5 to 6 times or until mixture resembles coarse meal. Pat mixture evenly on bottom and up sides of a lightly greased 11-inch tart pan with removable bottom.
- Bake at 350 for 20 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack 15 minutes or until completely cool.
- Bring brown sugar, honey, 2/3 cup butter, and whipping cream to a boil in a 3-qt. saucepan over medium-high heat. Stir in toasted pecans, and spoon hot filling into prepared crust.
- Bake at 350 for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden and bubbly. Cool on a wire rack 30 minutes or until completely cool.
- Caramel-Pecan Bars: Prepare recipe as directed, pressing crumb mixture evenly on bottom and 3/4 inch up sides of a lightly greased heavy-duty aluminum foil-lined 13- X 9-inch pan. When completely cool, using the aluminum foil as handles, carefully lift the tart from the pan, and transfer to a serving tray. Cut into squares.
The Cooklt Louisville, KY
- Not added to any groups yet!