Crawfish EtouffeeFrom cathyp 5 years ago
- 1 stick butter shopping list
- 2 cups chopped onions shopping list
- 1 cup chopped parsley shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped bell pepper shopping list
- 1 lb peeled crawfish tails shopping list
- 2 bay leaves shopping list
- 1 Tbsp flour shopping list
- 1 cup water shopping list
- 1 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/4 tsp cayenne shopping list
- 2 Tbsp chopped parsley shopping list
- 3 Tbsp chopped green onions shopping list
How to make it
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Add onions, celery and bell peppers and saute until soft and golden, about 10 to 12 minutes.
- Add crawfish and bay leaves.
- Reduce heat to medium.
- Stirring occasionally, cook until the crawfish begin throwing off a little liquid, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Dissolve the flour in the water.
- Add to the crawfish mixture and season with salt and cayenne.
- Stir until the mixture thickens, about 4 minutes.
- Add the parsley and green onion and cook for about 2 minutes.
- Remove the bay leaves and serve.