Old World Recipe - Squash LatkesFrom crainny 6 years ago
How to make it
- Rinse the squash, chop off the navel and stem, if any.
- Shred the squash using a coarse grater
- Stir in eggs, salt, sugar, mix very well
- Add baking soda, stir some more
- Add flour in small batches until thick batter forms. It should be like buttermilk in texture, maybe a little thicker
- Heat 4-5 tbsp oil in a skillet
- Spoon your latkes onto the skillet and fry over medium heat on both sides until pleasantly browned.
- Serve with sour cream or plain yogurt on the side.
- Alternatively, dust some confectioner sugar over before serving