Cheesy Draniki Or Potato Latkes On SteroidsFrom crainny 8 years ago
How to make it
- In a mixing bowl stir together shredded potatoes, cheese and eggs.
- Add salt and pepper to taste
- Add soda and mix well
- Add flour in batches to get buttermilk-like batter
- Let stand for a few minutes for soda to start working
- Heat oil in a skillet
- Stir batter well again.
- Spoon batter in small batches on a skillet and fry over medium heat on both sides until pleasantly browned
- Place on paper towel to drain the excess fat
- Enjoy with sour cream or plain yogurt on the side
- MOM'S VERSION: mix 1/2 cup sour cream (or yogurt), fresh chopped dill, 2 cloves of minced garlic and 1/4 tsp salt as a dressing