bourbon-walnut sweet potato mashFrom vino4dino 7 years ago
- 4 pounds red-skinned sweet potatoes (yams) shopping list
- 1/2 cup whipping cream shopping list
- 6 tablespoons (3/4 cup) butter shopping list
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup shopping list
- 2 tablespoons bourbon shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice shopping list
- 3/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg shopping list
- 1 cup walnuts, toasted, chopped shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Roast potatoes on rimmed baking sheet until tender, 1 to 1 1/2 hours. Cool slightly. Scoop flesh into large bowl; discard skins. Mash hot potatoes until coarse puree forms.
- Heat cream and butter in heavy small saucepan over low heat until butter melts, stirring occasionally. Gradually stir hot cream mixture into hot potatoes. Stir in syrup, bourbon, and all spices. Season with salt and pepper.