Creamed Potatoes With PeasFrom chefmeow 8 years ago
How to make it
- Cook potatoes in their skins until barely tender then drain and let dry.
- Peel and cut in 1/4" thick slices.
- Cook peas in boiling salted water until just tender then thoroughly drain.
- In large saucepan combine potatoes, cream and milk.
- Bring to a boil then reduce to simmer.
- Season with salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- Sprinkle in the sugar and stir gently being careful not to break up potatoes.
- Simmer 6 minutes.
- Add peas while potatoes and sauce are still simmering then cook for 1 minutes.
- Taste for seasoning.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
The Rating4 people
Something I'd have never thought of, Love it! Maretheiris in Garden City loved it
I remember having something like this also and loved it just didn't have the recipe, thanks for sharing. Another must give a 5henrie in Savannah loved it
This was the only way (way back in the dark ages) that Mom culd get me to eat my peas.gingerlea in Tampa loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!