Creamed Potatoes With PeasFrom chefmeow 8 years ago
How to make it
- Cook potatoes in their skins until barely tender then drain and let dry.
- Peel and cut in 1/4" thick slices.
- Cook peas in boiling salted water until just tender then thoroughly drain.
- In large saucepan combine potatoes, cream and milk.
- Bring to a boil then reduce to simmer.
- Season with salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- Sprinkle in the sugar and stir gently being careful not to break up potatoes.
- Simmer 6 minutes.
- Add peas while potatoes and sauce are still simmering then cook for 1 minutes.
- Taste for seasoning.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
The Rating4 people
yummy, this sounds deliciousbluewaterandsand in GAFFNEY loved it
This was the only way (way back in the dark ages) that Mom culd get me to eat my peas.gingerlea in Tampa loved it
I remember having something like this also and loved it just didn't have the recipe, thanks for sharing. Another must give a 5henrie in Savannah loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!