Cheese and Sausage Casserole for TortillasFrom nlo209 8 years ago
- 1 lb. bulk pork sausage shopping list
- 1 4 oz. can chopped mild green chilies shopping list
- 4 tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. Tobasco sauce (or to taste) shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups grated sharp or medium cheddar cheese shopping list
- 1 cup grated monterey jack cheese shopping list
- 12 6” flour or corn tortillas shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Saute sausage in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat until brown, breaking it up as it cooks. Using a slotted spoon, transfer cooked sausage to 8”x8”x2” glass baking dish or ovenproof pan.
- Mix chopped green chilies, 3 tbsp. cilantro and Tobasco sauce into sausage. Sprinkle cheddar cheese, Monterey Jack cheese, then remaining 1 tbsp. cilantro over sausage mixture. Bake casserole 10 minutes.
- Wrap tortillas tightly in foil. Place in oven to heat through alongside the casserole. Continue to bake casserole until cheeses bubble and sausage mixture is heated through, about 10 minutes longer.
- Serve sausage/cheese mixture in warm tortillas. Messy but delicious!
The Cooknlo209 Toronto, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!