Beef Heart Soup 1856From mystic_river1 9 years ago
How to make it
- Take 1 beef heart, cut off most of the fat and wash it thoroughly. Then put the heart into a kettle with 1 1/2 gallons of cold water and boil until tender.
- Just before it is quite done add salt to taste.
- Have ready a variety of finely chopped vegetables - about 1 quart - to which may be added a small quantity of either macaroni, rice, or vermicelli.
- Boil all together for 1 hour.
- Serve hot with cubes of golden brown toast, and you will enjoy a delicious soup.
- Better satisfaction will be given if the heart is removed from the broth before adding the vegetables.
- It may then be stuffed and baked, sliced for sandwiches or made into a fine hash.
The Cookmystic_river1 Bradenton, Florida
The Rating3 people
- Not added to any groups yet!