Barazeh OR Sesame Seed CookiesFrom ambus 8 years ago
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds shopping list
- 1/2 tbsp. honey shopping list
- 1/2 tbsp. water shopping list
- 2-1/2 cups flour, sifted shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder shopping list
- 3/4 cup sugar shopping list
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened shopping list
- 1/3 cup water shopping list
- 2 tbsp. coarsely chopped pistachios (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Scatter the sesame seeds on a baking sheet and toast in a 350-degree oven until a light golden brown.
- Combine the honey with the (1/2 tbsp.) water and use to moisten the sesame seeds. Spread in a saucer.
- Stir together the flour, baking powder, and sugar.
- Cut in the butter, as if you were making pie crust dough.
- Gradually add the (1/3 cup) water until the dough is smooth.
- Form balls of dough the size of walnuts and dip one side of each ball into the sesame seed mixture to coat.
- The bottom side may be very lightly touched to the pistachios.
- Place on greased baking sheets, sesame side up.
- Bake at 350° F/180° C for 15-18 minutes, until golden brown.
People Who Like This Dish 10
The Cookambus Lahore, PK
The Rating10 people
Fabolous recipe Ambus, thanks for sharing. Amnaatariq123 in Rochester Hills loved it
Perfectgreekgirrrl in Huntington Village loved it
Great Ambus... I will try your cookies soon. :-)berry in Winter Park loved it