Roasted Onions with Green BeansFrom ravenseyes 6 years ago
- Non-stick vegetable oil Spray shopping list
- 6 medium onions, peeled; each cut vertically into 12 to 14 wedges shopping list
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste shopping list
- 1 Tbsp. minced garlic shopping list
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, divided shopping list
- 2 cups Low-sodium chicken or turkey broth shopping list
- 3 Tbsp. Granulated sugar shopping list
- 2 Tbsp. red wine vinegar shopping list
- 2 lb package frozen French-cut green beans, thawed and drained shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 450-F degrees. Spray 2 large baking sheets with vegetable oil spray, and arrange onions in a single layer on the prepared baking sheets. Top with minced garlic.
- Dot onions with about 6 tablespoons butter or margarine, dividing equally. Season with salt and pepper. Bake until onions are golden-brown on bottom, about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring the chicken or turkey broth or stock to a boil in large saucepan over medium-high heat until reduced to 1/2 cup in volume, about 15 minutes. Add sugar and vinegar, and whisk until sugar dissolves and mixture returns to the boil.
- Add roasted onions to the sauce and reduce heat to low. Simmer until liquid is slightly reduced, about 5 minutes. Season again with salt and pepper if desired.
- Cook green beans in large pot of lightly salted boiling salted water until just tender, about 8 minutes. Drain well. Return beans to same pot. Add remaining butter and toss to coat.
- Mound beans in large shallow serving bowl. Top with onion mixture and serve warm.