Crockpot JambalayaFrom magnoliasouth 5 years ago
- 1 lb. raw chicken, cubed shopping list
- 1 lb. Conecuh sausage (or Andouille will suffice in a pinch), sliced shopping list
- 1 lb. shrimp, pre-cooked and peeled (reserved for last few minutes) shopping list
- 1 c. chicken broth shopping list
- 1-2 tbs Louisiana or Frank's hot sauce (depends on taste) shopping list
- 1 (6 oz) can tomato paste shopping list
- 1 (28 oz) can diced tomatoes, undrained shopping list
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes shopping list
- 2 tsp cajun seasoning shopping list
- 1 tsp oregano, dried shopping list
- 1 tsp basil, dried shopping list
- 1 clove garlic, minced shopping list
- 2 bay leaves shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. dried thyme shopping list
- 1 onion, chopped shopping list
- 1 bell pepper, chopped shopping list
How to make it
- Combine broth, tomato paste and hot sauce in slow cooker.
- Stir in seasonings and bouillon (it's okay if they're not dissolved yet), followed by tomatoes, then the vegetables, and finally the chicken and sausage.
- NOTE: Do NOT add the shrimp yet.
- Gently stir to combine well.
- Cook on LOW for 7 hours or HIGH for 3 hours.
- Gently stir in shrimp during last 10-20 min. of cooking time, you want to heat it through.
- Serve over hot cooked rice.
- TIP: This freezes very well and is easy to reheat on the stove. It's just YUMMY and especially so if you use Conecuh sausage.
The Cookmagnoliasouth Mobile, AL
- Not added to any groups yet!