RAOS Famous Lemon ChickenFrom hottamale 8 years ago
- Two 2 and 1/2 - 3 lb. broiling chickens, halved shopping list
- 1/4 C. chopped Italian parsley shopping list
- lemon Sauce: shopping list
- 2 C. fresh lemon juice shopping list
- 1 C. olive oil shopping list
- 1 T. red wine vinegar shopping list
- 1 and 1/2 t. minced garlic shopping list
- 1/2 t. dried oregano shopping list
- salt and pepper (to taste) shopping list
How to make it
- To attain maximum heat, preheat broiler for at least 15 minutes before using.
- Broil chicken halves, turning once, for about 30 minutes or until skin is golden-brown and juices run clear when bird is pierced with a fork.
- Remove chicken from broiler, leaving broiler on.
- Using a very sharp knife, cut each half into about 6 pieces (leg, thigh, wing, 3 small breast pieces).
- Place chicken on a baking sheet with sides, of a size that can fit into the broiler.
- Pour Lemon Sauce over the chicken and toss to coat well.
- If necessary, divide sauce in half and do this in two batches.
- Return to broiler and broil for 3 minutes.
- Turn each piece and broil for an additional minute.
- Remove from broiler and portion each chicken onto each of 6 warm serving plates.
- Pour sauce into a heavy saucepan.
- Stir in parsley and place over high heat for 1 minute.
- Pour an equal amount of sauce over each chicken and serve with lots of crusty bread to absorb the sauce.
- LEMON SAUCE:
- Whisk together juice, oil, vinegar, garlic, oregano, and salt and pepper.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Whisk or shake vigorously before using.