Biscuits And Sausage GravyFrom pablodiablo 8 years ago
- biscuits : shopping list
- 2 cups flour shopping list
- 2 1/2 tsp. baking powder shopping list
- 3/4 tsp. salt shopping list
- 6 tbsp. unsalted butter shopping list
- 3/4 cup milk shopping list
- gravy : shopping list
- 1/2 lb. ground pork sausage shopping list
- 3 green onions shopping list
- 3 tbsp. all purpose flour shopping list
- 2 1/2 cups whole milk shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder shopping list
- salt and black pepper to taste. shopping list
How to make it
- Biscuits : Preheat oven to 450
- In large mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt. Mix well.
- Cut butter into small chunks about 1/2 the size of bullion cubes, and add to bowl, coating well with the flour mixture.
- Add milk and mix until most of the ingredients are moist without melting the butter.
- Knead dough about 10-15 times by hand, and form a ball.
- Remove to lightly floured surface and roll out until 1/2 inch thick.
- Cut out biscuits with small drinking glass making about 8-10 biscuits.
- Place about an inch apart on un-greased baking sheet, and bake for 10-12 min.
- Cook sausage over medium high heat, breaking up, in large pan until it starts to brown and breaks into small chunks.
- Dice green onions into thin slices and add to sausage.
- Reduce heat to medium low, and cook until sausage is done and onions become opaque.
- Add flour and stir into the sausage mixture, coating it well. Brown for 2 min.
- Add Garlic Powder. Mix well.
- Reduce heat to low and add milk, 1/4 cup at a time. Stir constantly until the milk thickens and becomes gravy.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and serve immediately over open biscuits.
The Cookpablodiablo Grover Beach, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!