Cornmeal and Tofu SouffleFrom munchy 9 years ago
- 2 cups soy milk shopping list
- 1/3 cup cornmeal shopping list
- 1 tbs sugar shopping list
- 3/4 tsp salt shopping list
- 3 eggs, seperated shopping list
- 1 block of firm or extra firm tofu, drained and pressed to remove water, then diced into small squares shopping list
- 1 tbs margarine shopping list
- 1/2 cup sauteed chopped onions, optional shopping list
- 1/2 cup (or more to your taste) cheese diced into small squares, optional shopping list
How to make it
- Heat soymilk in a saucepan. When it's hot, but before it starts to stick to the bottom of the pan, add cornmeal, sugar and salt.
- Stir quickly til thick, don't let it stick or scorch!
- Remove from heat.
- Seperated the eggs.
- Add the tofu and butter to cornmeal mixture, and the onions if you're using them.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form.
- Mix this into the cornmeal mixture, and fold in the chunks of cheese if using.
- Pour all into greased casserold dish.
- Bake at 375º for 45 mins. Watch your top doesn't get too brown, and make sure the inside is cooked-test with a fork. If it's wet, it needs a little more time! It should be fluffy and egg-like.
- Serve as a side dish-or just eat as a meal in itself with some hot buttered toast!
The Cookmunchy Souderton, PA
- Not added to any groups yet!