Sweet And Sour ChickenFrom mystic75 6 years ago
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts (cubed) or u can used pork shopping list
- 2 egg yolks shopping list
- 2 tablespoons of cornstarch shopping list
- vegetable oil shopping list
- For the Sweet and Sour Sauce: shopping list
- 1 onion, chopped shopping list
- 1 small red pepper, diced shopping list
- 1 small orange pepper, diced shopping list
- 1 can of pineapple chunks in natural juice (450g or thereabouts) shopping list
- 1 tablespoon of cornstarch shopping list
- 2 tablespoons of tomato ketchup shopping list
- 2 tablespoons of light soy sauce shopping list
- 1 tablespoon of white wine vinegar shopping list
- Fresh cilantro (coriander) leaves (for garnish) shopping list
- salt and ground black pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Mix together the egg yolks, one tablespoon of water, the cornstarch, and some salt and pepper.
- Heat two inches of oil in a wok or deep frying pan.
- Toss the chicken in the cornstarch mixture and deep-fry the meat in batches of five minutes (or until the chicken becomes crisp and golden). Drain on paper towels and set aside.
- Empty the oil from the wok, leaving behind a thin coating in the pan, then stir-fry the onion and peppers over high heat for a few minutes, tossing continuously to prevent burning or sticking.
- Drain the pineapple cubes (reserving the juice), add to the pan, and cook for a minute or so.
- Use some of the reserve pineapple juice with a little cornstarch to make a paste, then add to the pan, along with the remaining juice, the ketchup, soy sauce and vinegar. Add 1/2 cup of water if you feel the mixture is too dry. Increase the heat and stir until the sauce thickens.
- Add the chicken pieces back into the pan and let simmer for five minutes until cooked through. Check the seasoning, then serve with cilantro leaves as a garnish.
The Cookmystic75 Klang, MY
The Rating2 people
- Not added to any groups yet!