Favorite Marinara Or Spaghetti SauceFrom realfoodwren 8 years ago
- 3 TBSP extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- 5 cloves garlic, chopped shopping list
- 1/2 medium onion, diced, or about 1/3 cup shopping list
- 3 1/2 cups fresh chopped tomatoes, or 2 cans organic diced, peeled tomatoes shopping list
- pepper to taste shopping list
- 2 cups pureed or strained tomatoes shopping list
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme shopping list
- 2 spring fresh basil shopping list
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary shopping list
- 1 TBSP kosher salt shopping list
How to make it
- Heat the oil in a meduim saucepan on medium high heat.
- Saute onion and garlic for about 3 minutes, or until they begin to soften, stirring constantly.
- Add tomatoes and herb sprigs, and if making shaghetti sauce , add tomatoe puree.
- Bring to a boil.
- Lower the heat and simmer , uncovered for 10-15 minutes.
- Remove and discard the herb sprigs.
- Stir in salt and pepper.
- Serve immediately or freeze for a later meal.