Rice Salad with Goat Cheese DressingFrom nlo209 8 years ago
- 1/2 cup light vegetable oil (corn, safflower etc.) shopping list
- 1/2 cup crumbled soft mild goat cheese shopping list
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar shopping list
- 2 tbsp. chopped fresh oregano or basil shopping list
- 1 tbsp. ground cumin shopping list
- 4 1/2 cups water shopping list
- 2 1/2 cups uncooked long-grain white rice shopping list
- 1 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1 10 oz. package frozen corn, thawed, drained shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups chopped red bell pepper shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped celery shopping list
- 1 cup chopped red onion shopping list
- 6 green onions, chopped shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh chives or green onions shopping list
How to make it
- FOR DRESSING: Combine corn oil, goat cheese, vinegar, oregano or basil, cumin in a large bowl and whisk until well blended. Set aside.
- FOR SALAD: Bring 4 1/2 cups water to simmer in a heavy large saucepan. Add rice and 1 tsp. salt and stir to combine. Reduce heat to low, cover and cook until rice is cooked trough, about 20 minutes. Remove from heat and let stand 5 minutes.
- Transfer rice to large bowl. Fluff with fork. Pour goat cheese dressing over hot rice and let cool, tossing occasionally. Mix in corn, red pepper, celery, red and green onions, and chives. Season to taste with salt and pepper.