Chicken and Broccoli CasseroleFrom hayleesgrandma 9 years ago
- 3 quarts water shopping list
- 1 (12-ounce) package broccoli florets shopping list
- 4 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves shopping list
- 1 (12-ounce) can evaporated fat-free milk shopping list
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour (about 1 ounce) shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- Dash of nutmeg shopping list
- 1 cup fat-free mayonnaise shopping list
- 1/2 cup fat-free sour cream shopping list
- 1/4 cup dry sherry shopping list
- 1 teaspoon worcestershire sauce shopping list
- 1 (10.75-ounce) can condensed 30% reduced-sodium 98% fat-free cream of mushroom soup, undiluted shopping list
- 1 cup (4 ounces) grated fresh parmesan cheese, divided shopping list
- cooking spray shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Bring water to a boil in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add broccoli, and cook 5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Transfer broccoli to a large bowl with a slotted spoon. Add chicken to boiling water; reduce heat, and simmer 15 minutes or until done. Transfer chicken to a cutting board; cool slightly. Cut chicken into bite-sized pieces, and add chicken to bowl with broccoli.
- Combine evaporated milk, flour, salt, pepper, and nutmeg in a saucepan, stirring with a whisk until smooth. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Add mayonnaise, next 4 ingredients (through soup), and 1/2 cup cheese, stirring until well combined. Add mayonnaise mixture to broccoli mixture; stir gently until combined.
- Spoon mixture into a 13 x 9-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup cheese. Bake at 400° for 50 minutes or until mixture bubbles at the edges and cheese begins to brown. Remove from oven; let cool on a wire rack 5 minutes.
The Cookhayleesgrandma Waldron, AR
- Not added to any groups yet!