Au Gratin PotatoesFrom oregongrandma 9 years ago
How to make it
- In a medium saucepan, melt the butter; stir in flour with a whisk.
- Add milk and stir until smooth. Bring to a boil over medium heat and cook, stirring frequently, until thickened. This should be about the consistency of a medium white sauce or gravy.
- Remove from heat. Add Cheddar cheese and ¼ cup Parmesan cheese. Stir until cheese is melted.
- Layer half the potatoes and half the sauce in a sprayed 11x7-inch baking dish. Repeat with remaining potatoes and sauce. Sprinkle remaining ¼ cup Parmesan cheese over the top.
- Cover with foil and bake 1 hour. 350° F. Remove foil and bake 30 to 40 minutes or until potatoes are tender.