Strawberry-Rhubarb Crumble PieFrom pleclare 7 years ago
- 1(9")prepared pie crust shopping list
- 4c. rhubarb,sliced 1/4" thick shopping list
- 4c strawberries,each cut in half shopping list
- 1Tbs. grated orange zest shopping list
- 11/2c sugar shopping list
- 1/2c instant tapioca shopping list
- The above is for the filling shopping list
- 1c all purpose flour shopping list
- 1/2c packed light brown sugar shopping list
- 1/8tsp. salt shopping list
- 8Tbs(1 stick) unsalted butter,softened shopping list
- 1/3c sliced almonds shopping list
- The above is for the topping shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 425. Place a rack in lower third of oven and line a baking sheet with foil.
- Prepare filling: Mix all filling ingredients in a large bowl and let rest for 15 mins,stirring occasionally.
- Make topping: Mix flour,sugar and salt in bowl. Using your fingers,rub in butter until mixture forms clumps. Stir in almonds
- Spoon filling into pie shell and sprinkle evenly with topping. Place pie on lined baking sheet and bake 15 mins. Turn oven down to 350 and bake 1 hour longer,until fruit is bubbly and topping is brown and crisp. Let cool on wire rack for at least 20 mins before serving.
The Cookpleclare Framingham, MA
The Rating4 people
I wish I had those Rhubarb in Egypt!!ahmed1 in Cairo loved it
I grew up on strawberry rhubarb pie and loved it, I soooooo look forward to this!sunny in Portland loved it
Anything, simply anything with strawberry AND rhubarb is perfect for me! Saving and rating as high as I can...recipe sounds that great! Thanks for a wonderful posting...divaliscious in Dutchess County loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!