Strawberry-Rhubarb Crumble PieFrom pleclare 8 years ago
- 1(9")prepared pie crust shopping list
- 4c. rhubarb,sliced 1/4" thick shopping list
- 4c strawberries,each cut in half shopping list
- 1Tbs. grated orange zest shopping list
- 11/2c sugar shopping list
- 1/2c instant tapioca shopping list
- The above is for the filling shopping list
- 1c all purpose flour shopping list
- 1/2c packed light brown sugar shopping list
- 1/8tsp. salt shopping list
- 8Tbs(1 stick) unsalted butter,softened shopping list
- 1/3c sliced almonds shopping list
- The above is for the topping shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 425. Place a rack in lower third of oven and line a baking sheet with foil.
- Prepare filling: Mix all filling ingredients in a large bowl and let rest for 15 mins,stirring occasionally.
- Make topping: Mix flour,sugar and salt in bowl. Using your fingers,rub in butter until mixture forms clumps. Stir in almonds
- Spoon filling into pie shell and sprinkle evenly with topping. Place pie on lined baking sheet and bake 15 mins. Turn oven down to 350 and bake 1 hour longer,until fruit is bubbly and topping is brown and crisp. Let cool on wire rack for at least 20 mins before serving.
The Cookpleclare Framingham, MA
The Rating4 people
You know you have my 5 on this one, all the right ingredients to make a really good pie. When using rhubarb - orange rind is a must. Great post.henrie in Savannah loved it
Anything, simply anything with strawberry AND rhubarb is perfect for me! Saving and rating as high as I can...recipe sounds that great! Thanks for a wonderful posting...divaliscious in Dutchess County loved it
I grew up on strawberry rhubarb pie and loved it, I soooooo look forward to this!sunny in Portland loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!