Orange Chiffon CakeFrom pleclare 7 years ago
- 21/4c cake flour shopping list
- 11/2c sugar shopping list
- 2tsp baking powder shopping list
- 1/2tsp salt shopping list
- 8 lg. eggs,plus 1 white,at room temperature shopping list
- 1/2c vegetable oil shopping list
- 3/4c fresh orange juice shopping list
- 3Tbs grated orange zest shopping list
- 1tsp vanilla extract shopping list
- 1tsp cream of tarter shopping list
- Glaze: shopping list
- 1.2c fresh orange juice shopping list
- 1lb. confectioners' sugar,sifted shopping list
How to make it
- Make Cake: Preheat oven to 325. Sift flour,3/4c sugar,baking powder and salt. Separate eggs. Whisk yolks,oil,juice,zest and vanilla. Whisk oil mixture into flour mixture.
- Beat whites until frothy. Add cream of tartar;beat until firm. Beat in 3/4c sugar,1Tbs. at a time,until peaks form. Fold 1/4 of whites into batter;add remaining whites.
- Bake in an ungreased 10" tube pan 1 hour and 10 mins,until a tester comes out clean. Invert pan over neck of a bottle to cool. When coo,run a knife around edges to remove cake. Place on rack.
- Make glaze: Stir juice into sugar;drizzle over top of cake and down sides.
The Cookpleclare Framingham, MA
The Rating4 people
This is a much better recipe than my original Orange Chiffon cake. Thanks! My family says thanks too!shepherdrescue in Lake Forest loved it
This is so elegant..Thanks for a great post.ahmed1 in Cairo loved it