Beer Rye BreadFrom deedeec 8 years ago
- 1 1/4 cup beer shopping list
- 1 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- 2 Tbsp sugar shopping list
- 1 Tbsp molasses shopping list
- 2 Tbsp shortening shopping list
- 3/4 cups whole wheat flour shopping list
- 1 3/4 cups bread flour shopping list
- 1 cup rye flour shopping list
- 2 tsp caraway seeds shopping list
- 2 tsp dry active yeast shopping list
How to make it
- Measure ingredients into pan in order recommended by bread machine manufacturer (usually the way I have them listed here).
- Select Dough cycle.
- Remove to lightly floured surface and let rest 10-15 minutes.
- Shape into round loaf and place on cooking stone or lightly greased baking sheet. Or put in a greased bread pan.
- Cover and let rise 30-45 minutes.
- Slash the top and wash with mixture of egg white and water.
- Bake at 375 F for 35-45 minutes.
- Notes: Makes great Reubens!
The Cookdeedeec Seattle, WA
- Not added to any groups yet!