California Pizza Kitchens Tequila Chicken PastaFrom sparow64 7 years ago
- 1 pound fettucine - cooked shopping list
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro - chopped shopping list
- 2 tablespoons garlic - minced shopping list
- 2 tablespoons jalapeno - minced shopping list
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter shopping list
- 1/2 cup chicken stock shopping list
- 2 tablespoons tequila shopping list
- 2 tablespoons lime juice shopping list
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce shopping list
- 1 1/4 pounds chicken breast - sliced 1/2" thick shopping list
- 1/2 red onion - sliced shopping list
- 1 large red bell pepper - thinly sliced shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream shopping list
How to make it
- In a medium saucepan, melt 2 tablespoons of the butter over medium heat.
- Add cilantro, garlic, and jalapeno.
- Cook, stirring occasionally for 5 minutes. Add chicken stock, tequila, and lime juice.
- Bring the mixture to a boil and cook until reduced to a pastelike consistency; set aside.
- Pour soy sauce over sliced chicken breast. set aside for 5 minutes. Meanwhile, in a medium frying pan, melt remaining butter over medium-high heat.
- Cook onion and pepper until tender.
- Add chicken and soy sauce. When chicken is cooked (about 7 minutes), add tequila paste and cream.
- Bring the sauce to a boil; boil gently until sauce has slightly thickened.
- Toss with cooked fettucine. garnish with cilantro.