Duck Confit With Sour Cherry SauceFrom vino4dino 5 years ago
- 2 duck confit legs with thighs shopping list
- a cup of dried sour cherries shopping list
- half a bottle of fruity and not too tannic red wine shopping list
- half a teaspoon of cinnamon shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
- 6 tablespoon chicken stock (preferably unsalted or home made) shopping list
- 4 tablespoon cold unsalted butter, cut into small pieces. shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 400 F
- Cook duck confit for 15 minutes until skin is golden and crispy
- Remove from oven and keep warm
- Soak the cherries in the wine for a few hours, or even better overnight.
- Pour wine, cherries and cinnamon in a pot and slowly simmer until the cherries are soft. Puree in a blender or using an immersion stab.
- Pass through a sieve twice, reserving the liquid. Transfer the liquid to a new pot and reduce to one third of the original volume. Add chicken stock and reduce again, till it starts to get syrupy. Remove from the fire and emulsify the cold butter in the sauce. Adjust to taste with salt and pepper. You should end up with a shiny burgundy red sauce that just coats the back of a tablespoon. Pour over duck confit and serve with spinach and wild rice with mushrooms.
The Cookvino4dino Baltimore, MD
- Not added to any groups yet!