Craisin Chicken SaladFrom mkm114 6 years ago
- 4 to 6 Boneless, skinless chicken Breasts shopping list
- 3 to 4 Sprigs Fresh rosemary or other herbs of your choice shopping list
- 1 Whole onion, peeled, quartered, PLUS 1/2 Cup finely chopped onion (The onion has a divided use) shopping list
- 3 Stems celery, finely chopped shopping list
- 1/2 Cup toasted almonds OR pecans (If using pecans coarsely chop to the size you like) shopping list
- 1/2 of 1 (6-ounce) package of craisins (Ocean Spray brand works well!) shopping list
- salt and ground black pepper to taste shopping list
- mayonnaise (Add to reach the consistancy you prefer) shopping list
How to make it
- In large saucepan add chicken, rosemary, quartered onion and water to cover.
- Cook until chicken is tender.
- Discard water (Including onion and rosemary)
- Cool chicken breasts and chop into small bits.
- Place in large mixing bowl and add the 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh onion, chopped celery and salt and pepper to taste.
- Blend in toasted almonds or pecans and Craisins.
- Stir in mayonnaise until the salad is moist to your liking.
- Serve on your favorite bread for a tasty sandwich or spread on your favorite crackers.
The Cookmkm114 Springdale, AR
The Rating3 people
Love this recipe! serve with fried pineapple rings (canned/drained fried in tiny bit of butter just to brown), on a lettuce leaf; fresh baked bread sticks, halved grapes placed to look like flowers and sprinkle sliced toasted almonds over the top - ...moreChefNadia in loved it
AWESOME!!! Loved this!!wlfpkgrl in loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!