Garlic Mashed PotatoesFrom rosej 8 years ago
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter shopping list
- 4 cloves garlic, caramelized and smashed shopping list
- 1 1/2 pounds potatoes ( I like golden's with skins) shopping list
- 1/2 cup heavy cream or half-and-half shopping list
- 1 teaspons salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper (black is fine) shopping list
- 6 ounces grated Parmesan (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Peel and dice potatoes, making sure all are relatively the same size. Place in a large saucepan and cover with water.
- Bring to a boil over medium-high heat and then reduce heat to maintain a rolling boil.
- Cook until potatoes fall apart when poked with a fork.
- While potatoes are boiling:
- In small saucepan, melt the butter over medium-low heat.
- Add garlic and cook, turning until caramelized.
- Add cream to garlic, heat until simmering.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- Remove the potatoes from the heat and drain off the water.
- Mash and add the garlic-cream mixture, salt, pepper and Parmesan; stir to combine.